Chapter zero – NFringe Project configuration
Right click on MyIsometricGame project in bold in the solution explorer – Properties. This will open up project properties.
Make sure Target game is UnrealEngine3 Licensee. Make sur you select the UDK.exe from your UDK installation. This is based on second December release 2009. If your version is newer you should have the same folder structure.
Be sure that Build debug script is ON for this configuration. And set Script output manually to <UDKPath>\UTGame\Script.
Set game start executable to <UDKPath>\Binaries\UDK.exe. Set the Load map at Startup IsometricTest, get the map here. Start with specified game type : type in the game we will give to this tutorial, MyIsometricGame.IsometricGameInfo. Now the first part is the folder under the <UDKPath>\Development\Src path. The second part is your game class which we will create in chapter 1.
Be sure to put “Open log window…” to ON because we will output to the console window and will close the game with this console window.
Change the INI files
Go to <UDKPath>\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini
Search for ModEditPackages
Uncomment the entry for MyMod and change ModEditPackages=MyMod for ModEditPackages=MyIsometricGame
Go to <UDKPath>\UTGame\Config\DefaultGame.ini and <UDKPath>\UTGame\Config\UTGame.ini
Change the following entry to reflect this :
Optional for this tutorial (Do this at the end of the tutorial if you are a beginner)
- With the new Project created close Visual Studio.
- Explore to the folder you created the project in.
- nFringe will have put the Project inside a folder named the same as the Project (despite you telling it not to).
- Go into this folder and move the .sln .suo and .ucproj files up a directory so they are in the development/src/ folder.
- Reopen the Project.
- You should now have a project that has all of the folders for all of the packages (Core, Engine, GameFramework etc) and in those folders will be all of the source class files.
See this thread for more information on setup :
threads for nFringe :